What is the SAVMA Symposium?
SAVMA is the Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association. Every year, they hold a symposium, or large meeting at one of the U.S. veterinary schools.
Where is the symposium being held?
This year, it will be held at Iowa State University in Amesbury, Iowa, March 17-19, 2016.
What would I do there?
• Attending the SAVMA Symposium is a great way to meet other veterinary students from other schools.
• There are many interesting lectures to attend by speakers from all over the United States.
• Lots of Wet Labs! Advanced suturing, Laproscopy, Clinical Pathology, ECG, Dermatology, Emergency procedures, dentistry (extractions and cleanings), Alpalca handling techniques, Hoof care, Fetal Sexing, Liver biopsy, Lameness exams, Herpetology, Raptor medicine, Bovine palpation, and many more! Visit the website link below for a detailed list and times/costs for these amazing wet labs.
• Many vendors and organizations that are handing out free stuff and excited to meet to you! Don’t forget to stop by the VetPrep and ViralVet booths! We would love to show you what is happening at VetPrep, and how we’re helping you to get ready for your board exam.
• Attend the launch of the VetPrep Innovation Competition! More information to come regarding this exciting competition!!
For more information about this year’s SAVMA Symposium, please visit the Iowa Website
How to Land Your Dream Job
They say getting in is the hardest part.
“They” don’t know how challenging vet school can be.
But you are in the middle of it and you know that it is very difficult; lots of late nights studying, worrying about your patients, mountains of debt, a giant board exam to pass prior to graduation and then, oh yeah, I guess you should think about getting a job too.
We put together a list of what you should be considering when looking for that DREAM JOB:
- Know what Employers are Seeking in a Vet
- The Top Tips for Finding a Job
- Tips for the Interview
- ...and more!